Best Engineering Jobs for The Future – Types of Engineer JobsBest Engineering Jobs for The Future – Types of Engineer Jobs https://secureservercdn.net/188.8.131.52/nmc.ba0.myftpupload.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 kupplinadmin kupplinadmin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/a6ee9f67dcb83e8240a11c9e75bd4c29?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- no comments
If you’re planning for a career ahead in engineering or considering to opt for a program, an in-depth research is needed to ensure the best execution of the plan.
As you might already be aware, engineering is very tough although demanding vertical among everything that you can find. The whole science stands on the shoulders of the engineers. There is also a very tough competition to get ahead and grab the best job.
And you must also note the fact that there are many types of engineers for very specific types of jobs.
How do you know which one is suitable for you?
This basically depends on-
- How your grades have been in the past and how difficult exams are you able to crack for a particular field.
- Your core interest. Because let’s face it, no one has ever done any good without a genuine interest in a particular field.
- Your previous school projects etc. They determine your area of expertise and potential.
- Your mindset. If you can have the vision to create something unique or bring innovation in that field.
Which is the best field in engineering for a better career?
- Petroleum Engineering- Petroleum engineers search for natural reservoirs of petroleum and then help recover it. If you are considering studying this type of engineering, don’t forget that knowledge of chemistry, math, and geology are also needed.
- Chemical Engineering- Work involves design, development, and production of various products and chemicals. You can choose any industry you are interested in including pharmaceuticals, energy, food and drink, oil and gas or plastics. Chemical engineers can advance their careers from manufacturing plants to technical sales and company management. The market for chemical engineers is expected to be reasonably flat over the next few years.
- Civil Engineering- Undoubtedly the most populated engineering field, civil engineering accounts for roughly 274,000 job positions. Fueling optimism for recent college graduates, the field is expecting to expand its ranks by 21% between 2012 and 2022, according to Study.com’s analysis: “Civil Engineer: Occupational Outlook and Career Profile,” which cited the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics published in May 2014. Civil engineers’ responsibilities include designing and supervising immense projects such as constructing bridges, highways, water supply systems, dams, and tunnels.
- Mechanical Engineering- Someone with a mechanical engineering degree has many job options for his or her career path. The skills of a mechanical engineer are needed in many industries and on many types of projects, from vehicle manufacturing to nanotechnology. Mechanical engineers are involved in the production of mechanical instruments and tools from start to finish, and their work includes aspects of design, development and testing.
- Software Engineering- Of all engineering fields, software engineers have the most favourable hiring outlook. The need for their expertise will only increase as technology development continues to accelerate.
Which engineering field has the highest salary?
- Petroleum engineering – Annual salaries for Petroleum Engineers starts from $100,000 and higher.
- Nuclear engineering – Salaries for Nuclear Engineers range from $67,000 – $118,000 yearly.
- Aerospace Engineering – Salaries for Aerospace Engineers range from $97,480 to $143,360 yearly.
- Software Engineering – Salaries for Software Engineers range from $87,900 to $94,520 yearly.
- Chemical Engineers – Salaries for Chemical Engineers range from $90,300 to $139,670 yearly.
Which engineering field is best for the future in the USA?
Here are the most demanding engineering fields for future-
- Agricultural Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Electrical and Electronics Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Petroleum Engineer
Best way to find an Engineering Job?
While you may find many sources to search for a job, it is usually a cumbersome and tough task to land the right job. You can get in touch with us at SOAL for a profile check and consultation for a better job.
- Posted In: